- About Us
- Employer Services
- Student Services
- Walmart Site Tour Feb. 26th, 2021
- JC Penney Suit-Up Event
- Spring Career Fair-Feb. 24, 2021
- Spring 2021 Virtual Career Fair Registration
- Big Interview- Practice Your Skills
- Interview Stream Prep
- Sample Documents
- Report Your Job Offer
- 4-Year Career Plan
- Information Session Request
- Dress 4 Success
- Business & Industry Cluster
- Career Guide
- Career Services Videos
- Alumni - SU Connect
- TRUE BLUE
- Useful Links
The mission of the Office of Career Services is to coordinate and provide those direct and supportive services required to effect the compatibility between knowledge acquired by our students and the employment needs of the public and private sector. As well as to aid students in developing, evaluating, and effectively initiating and implementing career plan.
The Southern University Career Services was established as a centralized Bureau to assist Southern University students and alumni in obtaining satisfactory employment. Some of the Center's specific functions are as follows:
- Provide information about the world of work.
- Relate occupational requirements to individual qualifications and interest.
- Provide information to students concerning career opportunities as they relate to foreseeable demands.
- Assist students in securing part-time employment.
- Provide information about summer employment and cooperative programs.
- Test and screen students for possible employment with various agencies.
- Coordinate recruitment activities.
- Provide current information about educational placement by using college catalogs, scholarship and other financial assistance announcements.
- Provide career counseling in special cases.
To learn more about Career Services click here.
Register for Jobs4Jags
The employment interview ranks among the most important undertakings in the life of a graduating senior or a student job-seeker. In many instances, the approximately thirty minutes spent with an interviewer can significantly affect the entire course of events in the life of college students. In view of the above, the interview becomes a matter of increased importance and high seriousness.
There are several responsibilities incumbent upon the individual considering an interview appointment with any agency. One who is sincerely concerned about forming a good initial impression will be interested in ensuring the following: familiarity with the company or agency, promptness in reporting to the interview, proper grooming, and poise. These responsibilities will be discussed in more detail later.
Although it is of importance that one interested in securing employment make every effort to present a good impression, it is not necessary that he become so overwhelmed with interview preparation as to cause anxiety, frustration, calculated answers and nervousness. In general, all that is required is for one to learn what is expected of him.
Contact Career Services
Mrs. Tamara Montgomery
Director of Career Services
2nd Floor, J.S. Clark Hall Annex
8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
Office of Career Services
2nd Floor Clark Annex Building
Baton Rouge, LA 70813
P.O. Box 10980
Baton Rouge, LA 70813
Main Office 225-771-2200
Office Fax 225-771-3272