Intake Criteria and Guidelines
Recognition as a Greek-letter organization is the formal process by which Southern University and A&M College permits a fraternity, sorority, or other organization to function on campus, conduct membership intake, and be considered a part of the campus community.
- Candidates must be a full-time, currently enrolled student at Southern University and A&M College.
- Earned 30 credit hours at the time of membership application
- Transfer students must have earned 12 of the 30 credit hours from Southern University and A&M College.
- Overall GPA of 2.75 (Overall includes institutional and transfer)
- Fifteen (15) community service hours. Must be verifiable by Southern University and A&M College.
- Does not have any outstanding Student Code of Conduct violations.
- Must complete the Greek Life Perspective Workshop (Greek Life educational program facilitated by the Office Student Leadership and Engagement) prior to the chapter’s submission of a Request for Membership Intake by NPHC Organization.