To mission of the Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling program is train master’s level degree candidates to meet the qualified personnel needs of the rehabilitation profession,and enhance the quality of services to unserved and underserved populations with disabilities, by providing specialized knowledge and skills in both clinical rehabilitation counseling and rehabilitation service delivery.
The clinical rehabilitation counselor education program emphasizes development of skills, knowledge, and competencies required to:
- Provide clinical rehabilitation counseling services
- Provide comprehensive rehabilitation services to persons with disabilities,
- Honor diversity and embrace a multicultural approach to counseling and rehabilitation services in support of the
worth, dignity, potential, and uniqueness of people within their social and cultural contexts;
- Conduct rehabilitation research and scholarly activities, and
- Become effective policy makers and advocates.
To provide continuing education to the personnel of Louisiana Rehabilitation Services, community rehabilitation programs, community based organizations, and clinical rehabilitation counselors for further skill development, attainment, and maintenance of national certification, state licensure, and/or completion of a master’s degree.
To develop a doctoral program in rehabilitation geared to prepare qualified students to become educators, researchers, scholars, policy makers, and leaders.