Instructor of English
Location: Baton Rouge Campus
Full/Part Time: Full
About Us: Southern University and A&M College is the premiere HBCU system of schools in the nation. With multiple campuses around the state, the school draws students from around the country to come experience life in Louisiana. Located in Baton Rouge, the University is committed to serving students and providing them opportunities for academic achievement.
Southern University is now accepting applications for nine-month, non-tenure track Instructor faculty positions in the Department of English to begin January 2022 and August 2022.
- Instructors are responsible for leveraging their expertise to deliver education services to students through:
- Preparing course plans and materials for first-year composition and developmental courses.
- Delivering in-person courses. Online will not be an option without proof of QM training.
- Monitoring progress/attendance
- Recording grades and submitting reports
Successful candidates will have a Master’s Degree in English from an accredited institution.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate experience in teaching first year composition. Applicants with experience with developmental writing courses will be welcomed.
Application due Date:
Open Until Filled
To Apply: email the following documents to email@example.com.
- Cover letter (in which the applicant should address qualifications and ability to teach at an HBCU).
- Three references
Notice to applicants: Southern University has instituted a Covid-19 vaccine requirement for all students, staff, and employees. All newly hired employees should show their proof of vaccine or indicate to HR their willingness to undergo regular and frequent testing for Covid-19. Failure to do so could cause an offer of employment to be rescinded.