Peer Mentoring Program
First Year Experience Peer Mentor Program
Coming to a new place can be difficult, but First and Second Year Experience Peer Mentor Champions (PMCs) are here to make your transition to Southern University and A&M College easier than you could have imagined! Peer mentors are here to help!
Peer Mentor Champions
University College Peer Mentor Champions model appropriate behavior both inside and outside of the classroom, give spontaneous feedback and assist first year, second year and first time transfer students experience a seamless transition to the university.
SUBR Peer Mentor Champions are:
- Able to strategize and make decisions appropriately.
- Confident in their ability to lead others
- Appropriately Assertive
- Forward Thinkers
Resourceful Peer Mentor Champions
Mentors serve as an effective resource to the Southern University community by:
- Educating mentees on the various resources and student services available at SUBR.
- Understanding and abiding by all Southern University and A&M College policies.
- Providing insight on what it means to be a JAGUAR!
- Encouraging mentees to take charge of their life.
- Enhancing self-esteem in mentees.
- Encouraging a winning behavior
Mentor and Mentees are encouraged to:
- Build a positive and professional relationship
- Attend academic related functions
- Look, Listen, and Learn
- Attend athletic events
- Attend cultural events
- Study together