- Student must be currently enrolled in a Louisiana high school.https://regents.la.gov/regents-extends-student-access-to-dual-enrollment/
- Student must be on track for completing the Regents/TOPS high school core.
- Student must have taken the ACT assessment and/or satisfies the Board of Regents Academic Policy 2.22.https://regents.la.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Emergency-Interim-Policy-for-Dual-Enrollment-Placement-and-Admissions-2.pdf The scores must be on file at the high school.
- Student must be in good standing as defined by the high school.
- Student must have program participation permission from the high school.
- Student must be enrolled in a course for which both college and high school credit is available.
- Fall 2021 Academic Calendar https://www.subr.edu/assets/subr/AcademicAffairs/ACADEMIC-CALENDAR-Fall-2021-updated-090921.pdf
To continue enrollment in subsequent semesters/terms through the Dual Enrollment Program, the student must have successfully completed prior dual credit courses. If the student resigns or withdraws from a course, the student must receive permission from both the high school and college to continue enrollment in subsequent semesters/terms.
- College Level, Degree Credit Course: A course in an academic subject that generates postsecondary institutional credit and appears on the current Board of Regents’ Statewide General Education Course Articulation Matrix.
- Student must have an ACT Composite score of at least 19 (Fall 2018).
- Student must have an ACT English sub-score of at least 18 to enroll in a college level English course.
- Student must have an ACT Mathematics sub score of at least 19 to enroll in a college level math course.
- Enrichment/Developmental Course: An English or mathematics course that generates post- secondary institutional credit, but not degree credit, and is designed to prepare the student for college-level instruction.
- Student must have an ACT Composite score of at least 15 to take an English 090 or Mathematics 092 course.
- Student must be a 11th or 12th grade/senior on-track for completing the Louisiana Common Core Curriculum.
Dual enrollment courses can be offered on the high school campuses, Southern University’s campus, online, or other approved centers.
Louisiana Department of Education Graduation Requirements