- Student must be currently enrolled in a Louisiana High school. https://regents.la.gov/regents-extends-student-access-to-dual-enrollment/
- Student must be in good standing as defined by the high school
- Student must have program participation permission from the high school and parent or legal gaurdian.
- Student must be enrolled in a course for which both college and high school credit is available.
- Student must satsify the minimum requirments of Revised Board of Regents Academic Policy 2.22 subsection A. Minimum Requirments for Academic Dual Enrollment
Dual enrollment courses can be offered on the high school campuses, Southern University’s campus, online, or other approved centers.
Minimum Requirments for Academic Dual Enrollment Courses
- Students must meet any eligibility requirements the postsecondary institution designates, including institutional prerequisite requirements or placement measures, in addition to the minimum requirements outlined below.
- The University has the authority to adopt additional, more specific or rigorous requirements for admission to select qualifying students.
1 Any of these three criteria qualify a student to continue to take dual enrollment classes. Criterion 3 should not be construed as exclusionary2 Unlike criterion 1 and criterion 2, which are subject-area-based, criterion 3 creates eligibility in all subject areas
- Student must have an ACT Composite score of at least 15 to take an English 090 or Mathematics 092 course.
- Enrichment/Developmental Course: An English or mathematics course that generates post- secondary institutional credit, but not degree credit, and is designed to prepare the student for college-level instruction.
- Following successful completion of any Developmental Course, stuednt may become eligable to enroll in college level courses in that respective subject area.
- Developmental courses will be counted as Elective Courses on High School transcripts.
To continue enrollment in subsequent semesters/terms through the Dual Enrollment Program, the student must have successfully completed prior dual credit courses. If the student resigns or withdraws from a course, the student must receive permission from both the high school and college to continue enrollment in subsequent semesters/terms.
Louisiana Department of Education Graduation Requirements