- Apply for Admissions
- Enrollment Steps
- Admissions Document Upload
- Undergraduate Admissions Requirements
- International Student Admissions Requirements
- International Student Visa Requirements
- Honors Admissions
- Transfer Student Admissions
- Adult Student Admissions
- Graduate Student Admissions
- Residency Requirements
- Campus Tours
- Jaguar Preview
- Resources for Alumni Recruitment
- California Transfer Agreement
- Meet Your Recruiter
- Recruitment Staff
Quick Guide to becoming a Jaguar
Steps to becoming a Jaguar:
For more information, click the blue bar to expand each section.
Apply for admissions
- Apply Here: Admissions Application
Congratulations! You've been admitted! Next steps:
Submit Missing Documents
View your application status and list of missing and submitted documents by logging in as a returning user on your Banner Self-Service Account.
Submit required documents by mail, fax, or email:
Southern University Office of Admissions and Recruitment
P.O. Box 9231
Baton Rouge, LA 70813
All accepted students must satisfy immunization verification requirements.
- Log in to Med+Proctor using your SUS student email address and password, select "Account" and create a profile by completing all required information.
- Download the immunization certificate from Med+Proctor for immunization verification requirements, and follow the steps to complete and submit.
- Connect with Med+Proctor to help you through the process via online chat, knowledgebase or by submitting questions.
- Please allow 2-3 business days for processing and verification of all immunization documents after submission.
- Be sure to check your SUS student email for all verification updates from Med+Proctor.
Transcripts should come from your school’s registrar. If a paper transcript is submitted, the document must be in a sealed, unopened envelope provided by your school’s registrar. Transcripts can be sent electronically if this option is made available by your registrar, or you can have them mailed to our office.
Banner ID and Pin
- Log on to www.subr.edu
- Under Students, click the Self-Service Banner link
- Click Secure Area with “U” number and PIN
- Enter your User ID: (U Number)
- Enter your PIN:
- For first time users the PIN is your 6 digit date of birth (MMDDYY). Example: Date of Birth: April 01, 1988 Pin:040188.
- Select Login
- View outstanding financial aid requirements
- Accept offered financial aid
- Register for classes
- Pay your bill
- Check your grades
Apply for Financial Aid
Step 1: Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application to allow financial aid to determine which types of aid yoiu qualify for. Southern University and A & M College's Code is 002025.
Step 2: To obtain a Personal Identification Number (PIN), go to www.pin.ed.gov
Step 3: Review your Student Aid Report (SAR). If your SAR is rejected, requires correction or you are selected for a process called verification, you should read and take the appropriate action.
Step 4: Respond Immediately to Requests for Information from the Financial Aid Office. Once the Office of Student Financial Aid receives your SAR, we will forward to your SUBR email account a "Missing information" email account outlining any additional information the office may require to complete your application.
Step 5: Visit the Financial Aid Homepage to learn more about scholarships, tuition and fees, types of aid and more.
Step 6: Accept your Financial Aid Terms & Conditions as well as your awards.
Apply for Housing
Step 1: Visit the Residence Life and Housing website to view on-campus housing options and policies.
Step 2: Complete the housing application online. You will need your SUBR email address and password to apply. Please check your personal email address used when submitting your admission application for this information. If you need assistance, please contact the helpdesk at (225)771-3935.
Tip: Applying early increases your chance of getting your preferred hall and roommate.
Sign up for New Student Orientation
Step 1: Review the dates for your New Student Orientation session. Please register for the correct session for the semester you have been admitted (Summer or Fall 2021).
Step 2: If you were admitted without ACT or SAT scores, please register for the Next Generation Accuplacer test. You will not be able to get a course schedule until you have taken the Accuplacer.
Step 3: Attend and meet the professional staff who will guide you to college graduation. You’ll meet with your academic advisor, register for classes, and get your SUBR student ID card and parking pass. You’ll also get to know your new college home, meet new people, and have fun!
Note: Orientation is required for new first time students and transfers.
Academic Advising and Registration
New Freshmen and Transfers with under 30 hours:First Year students and First Time Transfer students who have earned less than 31 credit hours are advised by University College (UC) Academic Advisors. Students must register for New Student Orientation first and will contacted by their respective Academic Advisor to verify intended major. Visit the University College Website for more information about advising or to meet your UC Academic Advisor.
New Transfers with 31+ hours:
If you are a new transfer student, you are still required to register for New Student Orientation to learn about campus resources that are offered to you. You are also encouraged to contact your Faculty Advisor, Dean or Chairperson for academic advisement. The goal is to graduate within four years! You can find your Dean and Department Chair Information Here.
Pay your bill and complete the registration process
View your account balance in Banner to pay in full or set up an installment plan. Even if your financial aid covers your full balance, you must log into Banner to complete the enrollment process.
Your registration is NOT completed until you see the green message in Banner confirming "You have completed the registration process."
Follow these instructions for paying fees online and completing the registration process.
Tip: Pay before the deadline so you won’t be dropped from your classes.